|Recipe of the Month: Nearly Raw Oatmeal Raisin Cookies|
|June 23, 2010|
These cookies are not only unbelievably simple to make, they are delicious and nutritious too! Within minutes you can be enjoying these little guys, and they are super easy to pack to-go too. Low in fat and sweetened with dried fruit, they're my new favorite cookies!
- 1/2 cup almonds (or other nuts)
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
2. Add the dates to the processor and thoroughly process.
3. Add the oats, cinnamon and salt and thoroughly process again.
4. Add the water and process until the whole mixture sticks together. Add more water if needed.
5. Add the raisins and quickly process to combine.
6. With your hands form the mixture into cookies.
Yields: About 25 small cookies
Note: Store in the refrigerator and consume within 7 days. Or store
longer term in the freezer.
For more recipes like this, check out www.vegfoodandfit.com.
Click here for the latest news.