|Recipe of the Month: Blueberry Banana Green Smoothie|
|July 28, 2010|
Blueberries are ripe for the pickin' this time of year! So let's add 'em to this deliciously sweet and extremely nutritious smoothie. Adding leafy greens is a wonderful way to boost your intake of these nutritional powerhouses!
- 2 medjool dates* (pitted)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup blueberries (or other berries) (fresh or frozen)
- 1 frozen banana (chopped)
- 4 cups spinach or romaine lettuce (packed)
Yields: ABOUT 4 CUPS (2 servings)
- Add the dates, water, and fruit to the blender. Blend until smooth. Add additional water if needed.
- Add the leafy greens to the blender. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to add half the greens at a time.
- Blend thoroughly. Add additional water if needed.
*If the dates are hard/dry, I'd recommend soaking them in water for a few hours (or overnight), and then using this water in the smoothie. If you've got a heavy duty blender, no need to pre-soak the dates.
For more recipes like this, check out www.vegfoodandfit.com.
Click here for the latest news.