October 26, 2010
Combine dried cherries, almonds, chocolate chips and bananas - and you've got a
party! Toss in some oat flour and garbanzo bean flour - and you've got a complete protein meal wrapped up in these delicious little cupcakes!
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour
- 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 2/3 cup evaporated cane juice (or other dry sugar)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup each: almonds and dried cherries (both chopped)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas
- 1 3/4 cups non-dairy milk or water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 12-muffin tin or one 9-inch round (or similar size) cake pan.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas and pour in the liquid and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix until just combined. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins or cake pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes (cupcakes) or 40-50 minutes (cake) or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.