November 29, 2010
This bread is moist, sweet and delicate because of the combination of flours. Coconut is very nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup coconut flour*
- 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour or oat flour
- 1/2 cup evaporated cane juice (or other dry sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups non-dairy milk or water
- 2 apples (cored and chopped)
- 1/3 cup coconut butter or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 12-muffin tin or two 8.5 x 4.5-inch (or similar size) loaf pans.
- In a bowl, combine the first six dry ingredients.
- In a blender, add the remaining four wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended ingredients into the dry ones and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins or loaf pans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (muffins) or 50-60 minutes (breads) or until golden brown and firm. Allow to cool for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
For more recipes like this, check out www.vegfoodandfit.com