|Blueberry Millet Lemon Corn Muffins |
|January 31, 2011|
These muffins are moist, lightly sweet and with a hint of lemon. Millet is packed with fiber, B-complex vitamins, iron and much more. You can have fresh millet flour ground in your blender in minutes!
- 2 1⁄2 cups millet flour*
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated cane juice (or other dry sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (or other nuts)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 apple (cored and chopped)
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
*To make your own millet flour, place 1 1/4 cups of millet in the blender and blend 20-30 seconds. Repeat. This should render about 2 1/2 cups flour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 12-muffin tin or two 8.5 x 4.5-inch (or similar size) loaf pans.
- In a bowl, combine the first four dry ingredients.
- In a blender, blend the almonds into a coarse flour. It's ok if it all sticks together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the blender (except blueberries) and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended ingredients into the dry ones and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the blueberries. The batter will be very loose. Carefully spoon it into the muffin tins or loaf pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (muffins) or 45-55 minutes (breads) or until golden on top. Allow to cool for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Click here for the latest news.