|Raw Strawberry Pie|
|July 26, 2011|
This fruit-filled pie is the perfect summer treat. Feel free to use any seasonal berries or
fruit you enjoy.
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or defrosted)
- 1/2 cup medjool dates (pitted and packed)
- 3-4 cups chopped fruit (cherries, peaches, nectarines, etc.)
Raw Pie Crust:
- After making the crust, wipe out the food processor and add the strawberries and dates. Process until smooth.
- Place the chopped fruit in a mixing bowl, and add the strawberry and date mixture. Mix until combined.
- Spoon the fruit filling directly into the crust. This will be loose the first day (still yummy!) but will firm up nicely in the refrigerator overnight.
- 1 cup almonds (or other nuts)
- 6 medjool dates (pitted)
- pinch salt
- 3 Tablespoons coconut shreds
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the dates and salt and process until well combined. Add an additional date or two if the mixture needs more moisture to stick together.
- Evenly sprinkle the coconut shreds into the base of a 9-inch (or similar size) pie plate. (This will keep the crust from sticking to the pie plate.)
- Knead the crust with your hands and flatten it with your palms to about 6 inches in diameter. Place it in the pie plate and evenly spread it with your fingers to cover the whole base and press it up to the edges. It's now ready to be filled.
Click here for the latest news.