|Portland VegFest: September 22 and 23!|
|September 4, 2012|
Join in the fun at the 8th Annual Portland VegFest from 10am-6pm at the Oregon Convention Center. This year's festival will include hundreds of free food samples, engaging speakers and chef demos, veg-savvy exhibitors, restaurants, family and teen activities, and film screenings with special guests. Check out some of the event's exciting features:
Admission is only $6 per day. Children ages 10 and under are free. Download a dollar-off coupon and check out the full weekend's schedule of speakers, cooking demos, classes, and experts at www.portlandvegfest.org. Make your visit even eco-friendlier: ride TriMet.
- Learn to make healthier food choices with our slate of speakers sharing their expertise. Find out how to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease from Dr Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr., discover the truth on Health Impacts of Soy Foods with Dr Mark Messina, and hear from vegan triathlete champion Ruth Heidrich on The Race for Life: From Cancer to the Ironman.
- Tantalize your tummy with free food samples of 100+ delicious main dishes, decadent desserts, fresh organic produce, veggie burgers, non-dairy cheeses and milks and ice creams, fruit smoothies, hummus and other spreads and dips, whole grain breads and gluten-free crackers, nut and seed butters, energy bars, and on-the-go and raw snacks, and so much more!
- Savor the tasty dishes you'll learn to make from our entertaining chef demonstrators, including national superstars like Laura Theodore The Jazzy Vegetarian and local sensation Aaron Adams of Portobello Vegan Trattoria.
- Catch a showing of the highly acclaimed documentaries Vegucated and Forks Over Knives!
- Visit more than 100+ veg samplers, vendors, non-profit groups and restaurants.
- Add to your knowledge about nutrition, health, fitness, veg travel and gardening at the Ask the Experts table in the main exhibit hall.
Volunteer for VegFest and receive FREE ADMISSION!
More than 300 volunteers are needed to help make Northwest VEG's 8th Annual VegFest a success. Did you know that volunteering for just one 3-hour shift earns you free admission to BOTH days of VegFest?! We still need help with setup, cleanup, passing out food samples, working at recycling stations, in the children's or teen area (face painters and makeup artists needed), leafleting outside OCC and dressing up in a veggie costume. You can also help beforehand by signing up to distribute posters and postcards around town to promote VegFest. We need your help to make this year's VegFest the best yet!
Please email Chelsea Davis, Northwest VEG's Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org..
Click here for the latest news.