|Recipe of the Month: Raw Chocolate Truffles|
|February 1, 2013|
by Andrea “Betty Rawker”
Come see Andrea in action at our Vancouver potluck on Thursday, March 28. There will be samples!
These little raw chocolates will more than satisfy the chocolate cravings of your special Valentine! They also pack a wonderful punch of health benefits! Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil has countless benefits that include helping with weight loss, acting as a natural anti-fungal, reducing inflammation and Raw Cacao is another super food packed with antioxidant flavonoids and more magnesium than any other known food.
- 1 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder will work too)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 cup raw coconut oil (warm, softened)
- dash sea salt
- 2 TBS cup raw cacao powder
- 2 TBS shredded dried coconut
- 2 TBS chopped hazelnuts
- Get creative with spices, cinnamon, cayenne, ground espresso, etc.
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Take a melon baller or spoon to create little round truffle balls with your hands. If mixture gets too sticky to work with, chill in the fridge or freezer for a little bit.
- Roll each ball in the remaining cacao powder, coconut or nuts. Place in freezer until ready to serve to your Valentine.
Click here for the latest news.