March 1, 2013
by Aaron Ash, author of the new cookbook Gorilla Food: Living and Eating Organic, Vegan and Raw
Rawk on with Aaron Ash at our upcoming Eastside Portland potluck on Sunday, March 17. There will be FREE samples!
Gorilla Food's raw vegan take on a baklava--the Greek and Middle Eastern layered pastry treat. The bars come out flaky, sweet, and super delicious. Rawk on!
2. In a blender, process all ingredients until smooth.
3. Divide batter between 2 ParaFlexx sheets and spread evenly out to the edges.
4. Dehydrate at 108ºF (42ºC) for 8–12 hours or overnight.
5. Flip them over onto mesh sheets and continue to dehydrate at same temperature for another 4 hours.
2. In a food processor with an s-blade, process dates, vanilla, cinnamon, and lemon juice into a paste.
3. Add walnuts and process until smooth.
2. Sprinkle walnuts over top.
3. Cut each sheet into 4 strips (you will have 8 in total).
4. Layer 7 strips on top of one another with frosting side up on top, and last strip with frosting facing down.
5. Press lightly on stack, then carefully cut into triangles or diamonds (like baklava, the Greek and Middle Eastern treat).
Makes approximately 8 servings.