Connect with us!
June 30, 2013
Lace up your shoes and come run or walk an extinct volcano!
Mt. Tabor Park
5K/10K fun trail run/walk
Enjoy trails, pavement, stairs and lovely views around Mt. Tabor's three reservoirs and the summit. Finish the fun with a post-run/walk picnic and free chair massage!
A great time for the whole family!
This is a casual, fun event with a friendly spirit of coming together to enjoy beautiful scenery and to make a difference for the animals, the planet and your health!
The mission of this event is to generate awareness of a plant-based lifestyle and to raise money for Northwest VEG's education and outreach campaigns.
Part of the proceeds will also benefit Out to Pasture Sanctuary!
New Location for 2013!
The Race will take place in Mt. Tabor Park. It will begin and end at the main picnic area.
Sunday, June 30, 2013
8:30 AM 10K
9:00 AM 5K
Who can participate?
This event is open to everyone of all ages and abilities. Runners, hikers, and walkers of all paces are encouraged to participate! Please leave your furry friends at home.
Course maps coming soon!
In Store Registration June 1!
Race for the Animals supporter Sports Authority is hosting our in-store registration! Come see us in person on June 1, 11am-3pm, at the Cascade Station location, 10245 NE Cascades Pkwy, Portland. Meet us and register for the Race in person!
Please email email@example.com
Post Run Picnic: Fruit, sweet treats, bread and nut butters for race participants.
Awards: While awards will be given to the first female and male finishers in each age group, this event is really all about fun, saving animals and the environment!
Age Groups: 18 and under, 19-35, 36-50, 51 and over (male and female groups).
- Biking: Bike parking is located near the picnic shelter next to the restrooms.
- TriMet: Plan a route using the TriMet website: trimet.org (Use SE Belmont St & SE 60th Ave as your destination address.)
- Parking: There is neighborhood parking available within a few blocks of the park.
Day-of-Event Instructions and Rules:
- A simple course map and directions will be given out at check-in. In addition, the course will be marked with ribbons along the route.
- Pets, bikes, and baby joggers are not allowed.
- Single file running or walking is advised, as the course is narrow in parts. Please stay to your right and pass on the left.
- Wearing headphones is not advised.
Volunteer at the Race
Northwest VEG needs your help! We have a variety of volunteer opportunities on the day of the race. We need help with everything from set up and clean up to helping with registration and at the food table. You can volunteer all day or before and/or after the race. Volunteers will get a FREE race shirt as a thank you and be entered into a drawing to WIN A 30oz CONTAINER OF VEGA PROTEIN POWDER. Contact our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.