June 28, 2014
Mt. Tabor Park
5K/10K fun trail run/walk
Registration Now Open, Click Here!
Lace up your shoes and come run or walk an extinct volcano!
Enjoy trails, stairs and lovely views around Mt. Tabor's three reservoirs and the summit. Finish the fun with a post-run/walk picnic.
A great time for the whole family!
This is a casual, fun event with a friendly spirit of coming together to enjoy beautiful scenery and to make a difference for the animals, the planet and your health!
The mission of this event is to generate awareness of the benefits of a plant-based lifestyle and to raise money for Northwest VEG's education and outreach campaigns and Green Acres Farm Sanctuary.
Saturday, June 28, 2014
- 8:30am 10K start
- 9:00am 5K start
- 7:30-8:45am Bib Pick-Up & Day-of Registration
You asked, we listened!
NEW for 2014!
Child registration discounted price!
Official timing is BACK!
Advance bib and tee pick up!
Advance Registration is $25 for adults. Current Northwest VEG members save $5!
NEW! Children age 6-17 (as of June 28, 2014) are only $15! Current Northwest VEG Family (or higher) members save $5 per child (up to two child registrations).
Children age 5 and under are FREE.
Commemorative technical tees are available for $10 with advance order
Bib and tee pick-up at Food Fight! Vegan Grocery on Friday, June 27th. More details later.
Day-of Registration is $30 for non-members. Members save $5!
Registration & Race Start/Finish are at the main picnic/playground area.
Allow plenty of time to walk from neighborhood parking or transit to the start!
There is no parking available within the park for this event.
View Race for the Animals June 30th location map in a larger map
Who can participate?
This event is open to everyone of all ages and abilities. Runners, hikers, and walkers of all paces are encouraged to participate! Please leave your furry friends and baby joggers at home.
Sample Race Course
These are the 2013 courses. 2014 courses will be similar and new maps will be available in May.
10k pdf download
5k pdf download
The course is subject to change without notice. Distances are approximate to the best of our ability. Please note that the map provided by Portland Parks is not comprehensive and does not show all trails.
Post Run Picnic Sweet and savory foods from fruit to kale salad, breads with sweet or savory toppings to food bars, teas and juices all from our wonderful donors for race participants!
Awards While awards will be given to the first female and male finishers in each age group, this event is really all about fun, saving animals and the environment!
Age Groups: 18 and under, 19-35, 36-50, 51 and over (male and female groups).
- Biking Bike parking is located near the picnic shelter next to the restrooms.
- TriMet Plan a route using the TriMet website: trimet.org (Use SE Belmont St & SE 60th Ave as your destination address.)
- Parking There is neighborhood parking available within a few blocks of the park.
- Allow plenty of time to walk from neighborhood parking or transit to the start!
- There is no parking available within the park for this event.
Day-of-Event Instructions and Rules
- A simple course map and directions will be given out at check-in. In addition, the course will be marked with ground arrows, cones and volunteers along the route.
- Pets, bikes, and baby joggers are not allowed.
- Single file running or walking is advised, as the course is narrow in parts. Please stay to your right and pass on the left.
- Wearing headphones is not advised.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer at the Race
Northwest VEG needs your help! We have a variety of volunteer opportunities on the day of the race. We need help with everything from set up and clean up to helping with registration and at the food table. You can volunteer all day or before and/or after the race. Volunteers will get a FREE race shirt and are welcome to join the post-run picnic. Contact our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at email@example.com for more information.