Mission:VegFest celebrates and promotes sustainable, compassionate and healthy food choices and lifestyles. This low-cost, fun event welcomes everyone; with our uplifting atmosphere and positive approach to nurturing the world and building community, VegFest connects organizations, businesses and educators with the local public (and each other)!
Event History:In 2010, Northwest VEG will celebrate 6 years of VegFest, Oregon's largest vegetarian event!
- Saturday & Sunday, September 18 & 19, 2010; 10 am - 6 pm
- Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE MLK, Jr. Blvd. Portland, OR 97232
- Top speakers and chefs
- Space for 100+ Exhibitors
- Food Samples!
- The cost of the event is $5. Children 10 and under are free.
- Inclusive to everyone!
- 5000+ anticipated attendance
Public Transportation: Go eco-friendly. Take TriMet.
|TriMet's MAX connects to Portland International Airport (PDX) and stops 162 times a day at the Oregon Convention Center station. The station is located within the city's "Fareless Square," allowing passengers to travel on the trains for free within the downtown area.|
A TriMet bus (Line #6) stops on Martin Luther King (MLK) Blvd., directly across the street from the convention center. If you need assistance in planning your trip, the TriMet Trip Planner makes it easy.
Ride TriMet to VegFest, show your ticket, and receive $1 off admission (not to be combined with other discounts).
Accommodations:The recently renovated Doubletree Hotel Portland has been incorporating sustainable business practices since 2003, making significant progress in reducing carbon emissions while maintaining a high standard of service and warm hospitality. The newly renovated guestrooms, business and fitness centers present a fresh, contemporary style. The hotel is located directly on the MAX Lightrail line and within walking distance to the Oregon Convention Center. If you'd like to make an online reservation, click here or call 1-800-996-0510, group code is NWV.
Promotion: Our marketing campaign includes:
- Ads in multiple newspapers and magazines
- Radio interviews
- Calendar listings in multiple websites, newspapers, magazines, non-profit newsletters
- E-mail networking
- Leafleting, tabling, and posting fliers
- Fabulous word of mouth from the successes of the past 5 years
- Work with media to be featured in area newspaper articles
Event Feature Categories:
- Notable speakers, experts and authors to discuss topics in health and nutrition; environmentalism; and animal welfare and compassion
- Food exhibitors/product sampling
- Exhibitor sales, including restaurant area
- Classes for easy entry to a healthy plant-based diet
- Cooking demos
- Family Activities
- Veg Lifestyle Product and Services exhibitors
- Non-profit organization exhibitors