Event Info 2012
MissionVegFest celebrates and promotes sustainable, compassionate and healthy food choices and lifestyles. This low-cost, educational, and fun event welcomes everyone. VegFest connects organizations, businesses and educators with the local public and each other.
Event HistoryIn 2012, Northwest VEG celebrates 8 years of VegFest, Oregon's largest vegetarian event!
- Saturday & Sunday, September 22 & 23, 2012; 10 am - 6 pm
- Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE MLK, Jr. Blvd. Portland, OR 97232
- For bike parking details click here
- Top speakers and chefs
- 100+ Exhibitors
- Food Samples!
- The cost of the event is $6. Children 10 and under are free. Tickets available at the event.
- Advance tickets available through TicketsWest. Use code "VegFest2012" to received $1 discount.
- Click here to download a $1 off coupon
- Inclusive to everyone!
- 7,000 anticipated attendees
Public Transportation Go eco-friendly. Take TriMet.Ride the Portland Streetcar for free during it's grand opening September 22-23!
More details here portlandstreetcar.org
TriMet's MAX connects to Portland International Airport (PDX) and stops 162 times a day at the Oregon Convention Center station.
AccessibilityNorthwest VEG strives to ensure that our activities are fully accessible. To request a sign language interpreter or other accommodations, please contact Emily at email@example.com as early as possible so we may attempt to fulfill your request.
AccommodationsThe recently renovated Doubletree Hotel Portland has been incorporating sustainable business practices since 2003, making significant progress in reducing carbon emissions while maintaining a high standard of service and warm hospitality. The newly renovated guestrooms, business and fitness centers present a fresh, contemporary style. The hotel is located directly on the MAX light rail line and within walking distance to the Oregon Convention Center. If you'd like to make reservation call 1-800-996-0510.
Promotion: Our marketing campaign includes
- Commercials on TV
- Ads in multiple newspapers and magazines
- Radio interviews
- Calendar listings in multiple websites, newspapers, magazines, non-profit newsletters
- E-mail networking
- Leafleting, tabling, and posting fliers
- Fabulous word of mouth from the successes of the past 7 years
- Work with media to be featured in area newspaper articles
Event Feature Categories
- Notable speakers, experts and authors to discuss topics in health and nutrition; environmentalism; and animal welfare and compassion
- Food exhibitors/product sampling
- Exhibitor sales, including restaurant area
- Classes for easy entry to a healthy plant-based diet
- Cooking Demos
- Family Activities Area
- Teen Activities Area
- Veg Lifestyle Product and Services Exhibitors
- Non-Profit Organization Exhibitors