Event Info 2013
MissionVegFest celebrates and promotes sustainable, compassionate and healthy food choices and lifestyles. This low-cost, educational, and fun event welcomes everyone. VegFest connects organizations, businesses and educators with the local public and each other.
Event HistoryIn 2013, Northwest VEG celebrates 9 years of VegFest, Oregon's largest VEG event!
- Saturday & Sunday, September 21 & 22, 2013; 10 am - 6 pm
- Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE MLK, Jr. Blvd. Portland, OR 97232
- Car parking options map here.
- Car parking list of costs and addresses here.
- For bike parking details click here
- Top speakers and chefs
- 100+ Exhibitors
- Food Samples!
- The cost of the event is $8.
- Students and Seniors 62+ are $5 with ID, one per person.
- Children 12 and under are free.
- Tickets available at the event.
- Click here to download a $1 off coupon
- Inclusive to everyone!
- 7,000 anticipated attendees
Public Transportation Go eco-friendly. Take TriMet.Ride the Portland Streetcar.
More details here portlandstreetcar.org
TriMet's MAX connects to Portland International Airport (PDX) and stops 162 times a day at the Oregon Convention Center station.
AccessibilityNorthwest VEG strives to ensure that our activities are fully accessible. All scheduled presentation will have an ASL interpreter. To request other accommodations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible so we may attempt to fulfill your request.
Promotion: Our marketing campaign includes
- Commercials on TV
- Ads in multiple newspapers and magazines
- Radio interviews
- Calendar listings in multiple websites, newspapers, magazines, non-profit newsletters
- E-mail networking
- Leafleting, tabling, and posting fliers
- Fabulous word of mouth from the successes of the past 8 years
- Work with media to be featured in area newspaper articles
Event Feature Categories
- Notable speakers, experts and authors to discuss topics in health and nutrition; environmentalism; and animal welfare and compassion
- Food exhibitors/product sampling
- Exhibitor sales, including restaurant area
- Classes for easy entry to a healthy plant-based diet
- Cooking Demos
- Family Activities Area
- Teen Activities Area
- Veg Lifestyle Product and Services Exhibitors
- Non-Profit Organization Exhibitors