Event Info 2014
- Saturday & Sunday, September 27 & 28, 2014; 10 am - 6 pm
- Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE MLK, Jr. Blvd. Portland, OR 97232
- Car parking options map here.
- Car parking list of costs and addresses here.
- For bike parking details click here
- Notable speakers, experts and authors to discuss topics in health and nutrition; environmentalism; and animal welfare and compassion
- Food exhibitors/product sampling
- Exhibitor sales, including restaurant area
- Classes for easy entry to a healthy plant-based diet
- Cooking Demos
- Family Activities Area
- Teen Activities Area
- Veg Lifestyle Product and Services Exhibitors
- Non-Profit Organization Exhibitors
- Fitness Stage and Classes
- Fashion/Beauty Stage and Classes
- Farmers Market
- Inclusive to everyone!
- 7,000 anticipated attendees
- The cost of the event is $8.
- Students and Seniors 62+ are $5 with ID, one per person.
- Children 12 and under are free.
- Tickets available at the event.
A TriMet bus (Line #6) stops on Martin Luther King (MLK) Blvd., directly across the street from the convention center. If you need assistance in planning your trip, the TriMet Trip Planner makes it easy.
Ride the Portland Streetcar.|
More details here portlandstreetcar.org
TriMet's MAX connects to Portland International Airport (PDX) and stops 162 times a day at the Oregon Convention Center station.
VegFest celebrates and promotes sustainable, compassionate and healthy food choices and lifestyles. This low-cost, educational, and fun event welcomes everyone. VegFest connects organizations, businesses and educators with the local public and each other.
In 2014, Northwest VEG celebrates 10 years of VegFest, Oregon's largest VEG event!
Northwest VEG strives to ensure that our activities are fully accessible.
All scheduled presentation will have an ASL interpreter.
To request other accommodations, please contact us at email@example.com as early as possible so we may attempt to fulfill your request.
Need to book your hotel? For an excellent deal, contact our hotel partner, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, located just five short blocks from the Oregon Convention Center. Call the DoubleTree Central Reservations toll-free at 800-996-0510 or local reservations department at 503-281-6111. The code to access group rates is “NVE”. Book online here (no code needed). Official deadline to receive the VegFest discounted rate is August 26!
Promotion: Our marketing campaign includes
- Commercials on TV
- Ads in multiple newspapers and magazines
- Radio interviews
- Calendar listings in multiple websites, newspapers, magazines, non-profit newsletters
- E-mail networking
- Leafleting, tabling, and posting fliers
- Fabulous word of mouth from the successes of the past 8 years
- Work with media to be featured in area newspaper articles