VegFest Exhibitor SustainabilityEvents generate a large amount of waste, and VegFest is committed to minimizing the amount going into landfills. We will be recycling and composting at this event, and we need your help! We ask that you please support our efforts to be an environmentally responsible event. To assist you, we have compiled the following information and helpful hints.
Please minimize wasteFirst and foremost, we would like to ask you to minimize the amount of waste generated from your table. When giving food samples, please avoid the use of plates, cups, forks, etc. unless absolutely necessary. Instead, please consider some of the options listed in the table below.
Please recycleThe following materials will be collected for recycling:
- Cardboard and clean paper
- Plastic bottles, film plastic, shrink wrap
- Aluminum cans and clean foil
- Block Styrofoam
- Table vinyl
Please support our composting effortsWe will be composting food scraps and food-soiled service ware at this event. Because compost collection is not tolerant of contamination, it is very important that you avoid using plastic products. Please ONLY use wares that are compostable and that are approved by our local compost facility.
- For a list of VegFest's Preferred Compostable Service Ware products, please click here
- Please be aware that there are many products available on the market that are advertised as "biodegradable," "green," and "earth-friendly." Not all of them meet the standards of our local commercial compost facility. For example, products made from bagasse (sugar cane pulp) are not currently accepted. In addition, the following brands are not currently approved in our local area: Trellis Earth, PrimeWare, and Sabert. Preferred brands can be found through the link above, and we strongly encourage all exhibitors to only use items on this list.
- If your food samples are individually wrapped in a material that cannot be composted or recycled based on the guidelines above, please consider unwrapping the samples and keeping the packaging waste behind your table.
Tips for selecting more sustainable service ware
|Instead of…||Please consider using…|
|Plastic portion cups / bowls||
Need additional support? Please contact VegFest recycling coordinator, Mitzi Sugar email@example.com