VegFest Exhibitor Sustainability
Events generate a large amount of waste, and VegFest is committed to minimizing the amount going into landfills. We will be recycling and composting at this event, and we need your help! We ask that you please support our efforts to be an environmentally responsible event. To assist you, we have compiled the following information and helpful hints.
Please minimize waste
First and foremost, we would like to ask you to minimize the amount of waste generated from your table. When giving food samples, please avoid the use of plates, cups, forks, etc. unless absolutely necessary. Instead, please consider some of the options listed in the table below.
The following materials will be collected for recycling:
- Cardboard and clean paper
- Plastic bottles, film plastic, shrink wrap
- Aluminum cans and clean foil
- Block Styrofoam
- Table vinyl
Please support our composting efforts
We will be composting food scraps only at this event. Because compost collection is not tolerant of contamination, it is very important that you avoid using plastic products.
- If your food samples are individually wrapped in a material that cannot be recycled based on the guidelines above, please consider unwrapping the samples and keeping the packaging waste behind your table.
Tips for selecting more sustainable service ware
|Instead of… ||Please consider using…|
|Plastic portion cups / bowls
- Paper soufflé tasting cups (i.e. Solo brand)
- Paper muffin liners
- Paper napkins
- Uncoated paper plates
- Wax-coated plates
- Paper napkins
Need additional support? Please contact VegFest coordinator, Bonnie Hildebrand email@example.com