Volunteer for Portland VegFest 2013!Did you know that we need more than 400 volunteers to make Portland VegFest happen? See below to learn how you can lend a hand in the planning and implementation of Portland VegFest! We canít do it without you!Email our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at email@example.com to get started.
Spread the Word that Portland VegFest is Coming!
- Help us get Portland VegFest 2013 on various online calendars, social media sites and blogs. We will provide an extensive list of places to start!
- Beginning in August, take VegFest literature to local businesses, coffee shops, libraries, street fairs and farmers markets.
VegFest Weekend Volunteer OpportunitiesVolunteer for just 3 hours and earn free admission to BOTH days of VegFest plus be entered into a special drawing for amazing prizes from our speakers and supporters!
- Assist with set-up at the Convention Center on Friday September 20. Shifts are 9am-1pm, 12:30-4:30pm or 4-8pm.
- Volunteer on Saturday and Sunday September 21 and 22 to help with morning setup, nightly cleanup, registration, assisting at the Northwest VEG information/membership booth (tabling experience with NW VEG preferred), selling memberships and t-shirts (do you have a smart phone that can use a square?), passing out samples for companies that could not personally attend, working at a recycling station, helping in the chef demo rooms or helping in the kids area. FACE PAINTERS NEEDED. Shifts are generally three hours long beginning around 9:30am, 12:15pm, and 3pm.
LARGER VegFest Volunteer RolesWe need the help of a small group of core coordinators and supervisors to insure that the weekend runs smoothly. If you are interested in taking on a larger role at VegFest we would love to hear from you! Besides having a great time, volunteers that help out for 6 or more hours in a day will get a FREE voucher for a meal at one of the delicious vegan restaurants at VegFest!
- Membership Coordinator: Work on the various aspects of our membership drive, lead the membership table at VegFest and oversee and train incoming volunteers. (Prior and weekend commitment)
Email our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!