Connect with us!
Volunteer for VegFest 2013!
We need more than 400 volunteers to make VegFest happen! We couldn't do it without you! There are many opportunities to to lend a hand to the planning and implementation of VegFest! Email our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at email@example.com to get started.
Join the VegFest Planning Committee
Would you like to be a part of the planning committee for VegFest 2013? If you have media or PR experience, an interest in helping with the kids area or photo booth, or other creative talents to offer, please contact us. We hope to make 2013's VegFest more sustainable, and even healthier than ever before and we would love to have your help!
Spread the Word that Portland VegFest is Coming!
- Help us get Portland VegFest 2013 on various online calendars, social media sites and blogs. We will provide an extensive list of places to start!
- Beginning in August, take VegFest literature to local businesses, coffee shops, libraries, street fairs and farmers markets.
VegFest Weekend Volunteer Opportunities
Did you know that volunteering for just one 3-hour shift at VegFest earns you free admission to BOTH days of VegFest?!
- Assist with set-up at the Convention Center on Friday September 20. Shifts are 9am-1pm, 1-4pm and 4-8pm.
- Volunteer on Saturday and Sunday September 21 and 22 to help with morning setup, nightly cleanup, registration, assisting at the Northwest VEG information/membership booth (tabling experience preferred), giving out samples for companies that could not personally attend, working at a recycling station, helping in the chef demo rooms or helping in the kids area. Shifts are generally three hours long beginning around 9:30am, 12:15pm, and 3pm.
LARGER VegFest Volunteer Roles
VegFest would not be possible without the help of a small group of core coordinators and supervisors that help the weekend run smoothly. If you are interested in taking on a larger role at VegFest we would love to hear from you! Besides having a great time, volunteers that help out for 6 or more hours in a day will get a voucher for a meal at one of the delicious vegan restaurants at VegFest!
- Event Recordings & A/V Coordinator: Work with Event Coordinator and OCC to coordinate all A/V needs for event as well as assist in recording various talks and chef demos. (Prior and weekend commitment)
- Membership Coordinator: Work on the various aspects of our membership drive, lead the membership table at VegFest and oversee and train incoming volunteers. (Prior and weekend commitment)
- Classroom Supervisors: Oversee large speaker, small speaker or chef demo room during VegFest. Greet attendees and make sure the presenterís/chefs needs are met. (Day long or weekend commitment)
- Samples Area Supervisor: Supervise the area where Northwest VEG gives out samples for companies that could not personally attend. Includes training and working closely with volunteers during VegFest. (Day long, two half days or weekend commitment)
- Teen Area Supervisor: Supervise the teen photo booth, table with teen oriented literature and oversee and train incoming volunteers. (Day long, two half days or weekend commitment)
- Compost/Recycling Coordinator: Create, implement, and oversee compost/recycling efforts. Coordinate with OCC and train volunteers (during event). This is a great opportunity for a Master Recycler! (Prior and weekend commitment)
Email our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!