Volunteer for Portland VegFest 2014!
Did you know that we need more than 400 volunteers to make Portland VegFest happen? See below to learn how you can lend a hand in the planning and implementation of Portland VegFest! We canít do it without you!Email our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at email@example.com to get started.
What past volunteers said about their experience at Portland VegFest:
Lynn: "I had a great time. Enjoyed volunteering in the chefs demo on Saturday."
Janet: "Awesome as usual. I really enjoyed volunteering in the kids area. It was really encouraging seeing so many families there. And it was great seeing so many people there I know. :)"
Join the VegFest Planning Committee
Can you believe that this year marks the 10th Anniversary for Portland VegFest ? We are so excited to start the planning process and would love to have you join us! If you have media, PR, advertising, or event planning experience, an interest in offering your voice to our speaker, chef and vendor roster, or other creative talents to offer, please contact us! We hope to make the 10th Anniversary of Portland VegFest more sustainable, and healthier than ever before.
Spread the Word that Portland VegFest is Coming!
- Help us get Portland VegFest 2014 on various online calendars, social media sites and blogs. We will provide an extensive list of places to start!
- Beginning in August, take VegFest literature to local businesses, coffee shops, libraries, street fairs and farmers markets.
VegFest Weekend Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer for just 3 hours and earn free admission to BOTH days of VegFest plus be entered into a special drawing for amazing prizes from our speakers and supporters!
- Assist with set-up at the Convention Center on Friday September 26. Shifts are 9am-1pm, 12:30-4:30pm or 4-8pm.
- Volunteer on Saturday and Sunday September 27 and 28 to help with morning setup, nightly cleanup, registration, assisting at the Northwest VEG information/membership booth (tabling experience with NW VEG preferred), selling memberships and t-shirts (do you have a smart phone that can use a square?), passing out samples for companies that could not personally attend, working at a recycling station, helping in the chef demo rooms or helping in the kids area. FACE PAINTERS NEEDED. Shifts are generally three hours long beginning around 9:30am, 12:15pm, and 3pm.
LARGER VegFest Volunteer Roles
We need the help of a small group of core coordinators and supervisors to insure that the weekend runs smoothly. If you are interested in taking on a larger role at VegFest we would love to hear from you! Besides having a great time, volunteers that help out for 6 or more hours in a day will get a FREE voucher for a meal at one of the delicious vegan restaurants at VegFest!
- Membership Coordinator: Work on the various aspects of our membership drive, lead the membership table at VegFest and oversee and train incoming volunteers. (Prior and weekend commitment)
- Event Recordings & A/V Coordinator: Work with Event Coordinator and OCC to coordinate all A/V needs for event as well as assist in recording various talks and chef demos. (Prior and weekend commitment)
- Children's Area Supervisor: Supervise the kids area and oversee and train incoming volunteers. (Day long, two half days or weekend commitment)
- Classroom Supervisors: Oversee large speaker, small speaker or chef demo room during VegFest. Greet attendees and make sure the presenterís/chefs needs are met. (Day long or weekend commitment)
- Samples Area Supervisor: Supervise the area where Northwest VEG gives out samples for companies that could not personally attend. Includes training and working closely with volunteers during VegFest. (Day long, two half days or weekend commitment)
- Teen Area Supervisor: Supervise the teen photo booth, table with teen oriented literature and oversee and train incoming volunteers. (Day long, two half days or weekend commitment)
- Assistant to our Event Coordinator: Assisting our Event Coordinator in a variety of jobs during setup and VegFest. Must be very punctual, truly able to take direction, quick on their feet, have a phone with at least text capability, able to relay information accurately, want to work at the very fast pace that Saturday, in particular, really demands, have good people skills, comfortable using the paging mic at the event, etc. (Friday morning, all day Saturday and Sunday 7am-2pm)
Email our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!