Volunteer OpportunitiesNW VEG would not exist if not for our passionate and dedicated volunteers! Thanks to your support, we're able to reach more people and continue doing good. Whether you're looking for a one-time project or a longer term commitment, there's a good chance we have a match for your interests, skills, and goals.
Please email our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
11th Annual Portland VegFest Planning CommitteeWould you like to be a part of the planning committee for VegFest 2015? If you have media, PR advertising, or event planning experience, an interest in offering your voice to our speaker, chef and vendor roster, or other creative talents to offer, please contact us. We hope to make the 11th Anniversary of Portland VegFest more sustainable, and even healthier than ever before and we would love to have your help! For more information, please email our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at email@example.com.
Friday-Sunday, November 13-15Did you know that volunteering for just one 3-hour shift at VegFest earns you free admission to BOTH days of Portland VegFest?! There is something for everyone and kids are welcome!
- Help with set-up at the Convention Center on Friday, November 13. Shifts are 8:30am-12:30am,12:00-4:00pm and 3:45-8pm.
- Volunteer on Saturday and Sunday, November 14 and 15 to help with morning setup, nightly cleanup, registration, assisting at the Northwest VEG information/membership booth (tabling experience preferred), giving out samples for companies that could not personally attend, working at a recycling station, assisting in the chef demo rooms or in the kids area. Shifts are generally three hours long beginning around 9:45am, 12:15pm, and 3pm.
There are also several LARGER volunteer roles available!
Check out our full list of VegFest volunteer opportunities here or email Chelsea at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Upcoming Tabling EventsVolunteers are needed to help staff the Northwest VEG table at upcoming Portland events. This entails talking with interested attendees about a plant-based lifestyle and Northwest VEG offerings (including our classes, potlucks, presentations and more); handing out literature; directing attendees to additional resources and recipes as necessary; and generally putting a positive face to a compassionate lifestyle.
New volunteers are welcomed and will be paired with an experienced volunteer.
Hollywood Farmers Market
Where: NE Hancock between 44th & 45th Avenues., Portland
When: Saturday, November 7
Shifts: 8:30-11:00, 10:45-1:15
Where: Parkrose High School (12003 NE Shaver St., Portland)
When: Saturday, November 21
Shifts: 9:15-12:15, 12-3:15
Where: Ron Russell Middle School (3955 SE 112th Ave., Portland)
When: Saturday, January 23
Shifts: 9:15-12:15, 12-3:15
Help animals and promote Portland VegFest through leafleting this November!Research shows that for every two booklets you pass out, you will spare one farmed animal from a lifetime of misery. Thanks for coming out and helping to save lives!
Email Chelsea Davis at email@example.com for more information and to sign up.
Friday, November 6th - Pioneer Square, 7-9am and 4-6pm
Saturday, November 7th - Mind Body Expo at OCC, 9-11am
Saturday, November 7th - Pioneer Square, 12-2pm
Sunday, November 8th - Pioneer Square, 12-2pm
Monday, November 9th - PCC Sylvania, 10am-2pm
Tuesday, November 10th - PCC Sylvania, 10am-2pm
Thursday, November 12th - PSU, 10am-2pm
Friday, November 13th - Pioneer Square, 7-9am and 4-6pm
Have an idea for a place or event to leaflet at? Then email Chelsea at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions!
Other OpportunitiesWe're constantly adding to the following list so please check back if you don't see anything that appeals to your interests at this time. Alternatively, if you have an idea for a project that isn't listed, you can email us at email@example.com to discuss ways to get others involved with your project too.
- Join our Dine-out and Happy Hour planning committee: This would involve reaching out to veg-friendly restaurants and bars in the area to set up monthly vegan food and drink centered get-togethers. You would also be responsible for helping to list the events on our meetup page and taking turns attending and supervising the fun!
- Lead Book Club: Collaborate with others on veg-focused book selections and organizing quarterly book club meetings.
- Develop our Membership Incentive Program: Work with our Membership Committee to identify and approach restaurants and other veg businesses for potential NW VEG membership, plus aid in the expansion of discounts our current members receive.