Volunteer OpportunitiesNW VEG would not exist if not for our passionate and dedicated volunteers! Thanks to your support, we're able to reach more people and continue doing good. Whether you're looking for a one-time project or a longer term commitment, there's a good chance we have a match for your interests, skills, and goals.
Please email our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
10th Annual Portland VegFest Planning CommitteeWould you like to be a part of the planning committee for VegFest 2014? If you have media, PR advertising, or event planning experience, an interest in offering your voice to our speaker, chef and vendor roster, or other creative talents to offer, please contact us. We hope to make the 10th Anniversary of Portland VegFest more sustainable, and even healthier than ever before and we would love to have your help! For more information, please email our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at email@example.com.
Friday-Sunday, September 26-28Did you know that volunteering for just one 3-hour shift at VegFest earns you free admission to BOTH days of Portland VegFest?! There is something for everyone and kids are welcome!
- Help with set-up at the Convention Center on Friday September 26. Shifts are 7:30am-11:30am, 9am-1pm, 12:30-4:30pm and 4-8pm.
- Volunteer on Saturday and Sunday September 27 and 28 to help with morning setup, nightly cleanup, registration, assisting at the Northwest VEG information/membership booth (tabling experience preferred), giving out samples for companies that could not personally attend, working at a recycling station, assisting in the chef demo rooms or in the kids area. Shifts are generally three hours long beginning around 9:30am, 12:15pm, and 3pm.
There are also several LARGER volunteer roles available!
Check out our full list of VegFest volunteer opportunities here or email Chelsea at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Upcoming Tabling EventsVolunteers are needed to help staff the Northwest VEG table at upcoming Portland events. This entails talking with interested attendees about a plant-based lifestyle and Northwest VEG offerings (including our classes, potlucks, presentations and more); handing out literature; directing attendees to additional resources and recipes as necessary; and generally putting a positive face to a compassionate lifestyle.
New volunteers are welcomed and will be paired with an experienced volunteer.
Brian Clement Our Toxic World: Dealing with Disease and Cancer Event
Where: Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, 8235 NE Airport Way, Portland
When: Wednesday, September 24
Shifts: 5:30-9:00pm (before and after talk - Enjoy the talk for free!)
Other OpportunitiesWe're constantly adding to the following list so please check back if you don't see anything that appeals to your interests at this time. Alternatively, if you have an idea for a project that isn't listed, you can email us at email@example.com to discuss ways to get others involved with your project too.
- Public Relations/Media Guru: Help share Northwest VEG’s offerings (classes, potlucks, events) with the Portland metro area and beyond! This essential role requires some experience, a fair amount of time, good writing skills, and a strong commitment.
- Potluck Assistant Coordinators: Help with set-up, kitchen duties and clean-up of Northwest VEG's monthly potlucks (Westside and/or Vancouver).
- Organizing film series 'Films to Change the World.': Work with other to selecting and securing films and showing locations for our ongoing series.
- Join our Dine-out and Happy Hour planning committee: This would involve reaching out to veg-friendly restaurants and bars in the area to set up monthly vegan food and drink centered get-togethers. You would also be responsible for helping to list the events on our meetup page and taking turns attending and supervising the fun!
- Lead Book Club: Collaborate with others on veg-focused book selections and organizing quarterly book club meetings.
- Develop our Membership Incentive Program: Work with our Membership Committee to identify and approach restaurants and other veg businesses for potential NW VEG membership, plus aid in the expansion of discounts our current members receive.