Master VEG Presentations
Week 1: Vegan Nutrition. Daniel Redwood, D.C.
Week 2: Diet and Chronic Disease.
Ole Ersson, M.D.
- Diet and chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and osteoporosis as presented to class 12: click here
Kristen Eisenman, Food For Life Instructor will present this session in 2016
From 2015: Kim Carlson, RN, BSN, CCM, Healthy Living Program Manager at Kaiser and Nurse for Dr Craig McDougall:
- A cooking introduction on How to Heal with Food. Presentation based on the Kaiser Healthy Living Program
Week 3: Food Policy and Food and the Environment
- Food Policy as presented to class 12: click here
Peter Spendelow, Ph.D.
- Food and the Environment as presented to class 12: click here
Week 4: Animal Law and Animal Consciousness.
- Animal Law. Kathy Hessler, Professor, Lewis & Clark Law School. (presented in class only)
- Animal Consciousness. Peter Spendelow, Ph.D., As presented to class 12: click here
Week 5: Impact of Animal Agriculture on Humans and Fish and Fishing
- Impact of Animal Agriculture on Humans. Marsha Rakestraw, Humane Educator References consulted for Class 10 talk: click here
- Fish and Fishing. Peter Spendelow, Ph.D., As presented in Class 10 July 2, 2013: click here
Week 6: Philosophical Perspectives on Animals: From Pythagoras to Peter Singer and Vegan Business Panel
- Philosophy on the Rights of Animals. Ramona Ilea, Ph.D., As presented to Class 12: click here
- Vegan Business Panel (new in 2016)
Week 7: The Lives of Farm Animals.
- Marsha Rakestraw, Humane Educator (presentation not available)
- Dr Jon and Kit Collins, Owners of Out to Pasture Farm Sanctuary (presented in class only)
Week 8: Communication and Vegan Living. Jaclyn Leeds, NWVEG Executive Director