Volunteer OpportunitiesNW VEG would not exist if not for our passionate and dedicated volunteers! Thanks to your support, we're able to reach more people and continue doing good. Whether you're looking for a one-time project or a longer term commitment, there's a good chance we have a match for your interests, skills, and goals.
Please email our Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, Chelsea Davis, at email@example.com to get started!
Upcoming Tabling EventsVolunteers are needed to help staff the Northwest VEG table at upcoming Portland events. This entails talking with interested attendees about a plant-based lifestyle and Northwest VEG offerings (including our classes, potlucks, presentations and more); handing out literature; directing attendees to additional resources and recipes as necessary; and generally putting a positive face to a compassionate lifestyle.
New volunteers are welcomed and will be paired with an experienced volunteer.
Where: Rosa Parks Elementary School (8960 N Woolsey Ave., Portland)
When: Saturday, January 24
Shifts: 9:15-12:15, 12-3:15
Where: David Douglas High School (1001 SE 135th Ave., Portland)
When: Saturday, February 21
Shifts: 9:15-12:15, 12-3:15
A Delicious Fair of the Heart
Where: Adventist Medical Center (10123 SE Market Street Portland, OR)
When: Sunday, February 23
Other OpportunitiesWe're constantly adding to the following list so please check back if you don't see anything that appeals to your interests at this time. Alternatively, if you have an idea for a project that isn't listed, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss ways to get others involved with your project too.
- Public Relations/Media Guru: Help share Northwest VEG�s offerings (classes, potlucks, events) with the Portland metro area and beyond! This essential role requires some experience, a fair amount of time, good writing skills, and a strong commitment.
- Potluck Assistant Coordinators: Help with set-up, kitchen duties and clean-up of Northwest VEG's monthly potlucks (Westside and/or Vancouver).
- Organizing film series 'Films to Change the World.': Work with other to selecting and securing films and showing locations for our ongoing series.
- Join our Dine-out and Happy Hour planning committee: This would involve reaching out to veg-friendly restaurants and bars in the area to set up monthly vegan food and drink centered get-togethers. You would also be responsible for helping to list the events on our meetup page and taking turns attending and supervising the fun!
- Lead Book Club: Collaborate with others on veg-focused book selections and organizing quarterly book club meetings.
- Develop our Membership Incentive Program: Work with our Membership Committee to identify and approach restaurants and other veg businesses for potential NW VEG membership, plus aid in the expansion of discounts our current members receive.