The Northwest VEG Veganic Gardening Group promotes plant-based sustainable, low-impact gardening and farming. We share information on how to garden without using artificial pesticides and fertilizers, as well as without manures, fish waste, blood meal, or other animal-based products. Our efforts have positive impacts on health and the environment, plus encompasses respect for all life.
Veganic Gardening PDX Group on Facebook
The Facebook Group welcomes gardeners at all levels of experience who are interested in learning more about the 'why and how' of veganic practices. For those living in the Portland, Oregon metro area and SW Washington, we also have occasional get-togethers and field trips.
Click here to visit the Facebook page and see about joining this supportive, closed group.
Articles and Information
- Veganic Gardening Overview for the Home Gardener - A helpful introductory article that appeared in the November 2009 issue of the Northwest VEG Thymes.
- Introduction to Veganics - A concise explanation of veganic agriculture on the Veganic Agricultural Network website.
- Wikipedia on vegan organic gardening.
- Veganic Agriculture Network - Promoting plant-based farming and gardening throughout North America.
- Vegan Organic Network - Based mainly in the United Kingdom, this group promotes veganic agriculture, referred to in the U.K as "Stock-free Organic Agriculture." They also publish the magazine "Growing Green International."
- Gentle World - A non-profit educational organization based in Hawaii and New Zealand. Their website provides a good read and covers all aspects of vegan living, including veganic agriculture.
- Veganic Permaculture - A website developed by Helen Atthowe, with powerpoint presentations and other useful links.